This information will inform you about measures we have taken in our office to reduce the chance of cross-contamination of disease from patient to patient. You will note numerous areas of prevention you may not have seen before. Included among them are:
- Facemasks: All our clinical personnel wear facemasks during active patient care. These physical barriers assist in reducing the spread of organisms from person to person.
- Gloves: New rubber gloves are worn for every patient. These gloves ensure that contamination is not spread from patient to patient.
- Disinfection Of Counters And Other Surfaces: You may notice a mild chemical odor associated when wiping surfaces. These chemicals are necessary to disinfect surfaces that have been touched during patient treatment.
- Items Attached To Dental Operating Units: Hand-pieces, air blowers, suction equipment, etc., are sterilized with a combination of heat and chemicals.
- Barriers: Plastic is placed on chairs, switches, etc., for each new patient.
- Instruments: All metal instruments placed in your mouth have been sterilized by a combination of heat and chemicals.
Every possible precaution is being taken in our office to avoid any cross-contamination from patient to patient. We welcome your suggestions.